West Virginia Personal Injury Attorney
Unexpected injuries can have devastating effects on our lives and the lives of our families. If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s fault, you need the legal guidance of experienced personal injury attorney Kay Bayless at the Bayless Law Firm in Princeton, West Virginia. There are time limits in which to file your claims.
Personal Injury Due to Negligence
Negligence is a legal term that means someone had the responsibility or duty to use a certain level of care and failed to do so. As a result of this person’s negligence, you have been injured. Negligence can arise in a variety of settings: driving on the road, working in a mine, in the doctor’s office, or using a product. At the Bayless Law Firm, we represent clients in many different types of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents. Injuries or death sustained as a result of car accidents in West Virginia.
- Truck Accidents. Big rig trucks colliding with smaller vehicles and injuring or killing passengers.
- Marcellus Shale Accidents. Injuries occurring during the process of extracting natural gas from Marcellus Shale Formations.
- Coal Mining Accidents. Fires, explosions, entrapment, and other causes of accidents occurring as a result of the West Virginia coal mining process.
- Products Liability. Defective products or drugs that are inherently dangerous even when used as directed.
- Medical Malpractice. Doctors, medical staff, and hospitals failing to foresee possible complications leading to injuries, failing to use the correct method of care/treatment, or failing to properly diagnose patients.
Damages Recoverable in West Virginia Personal Injury Cases
If you have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to money damages. In West Virginia, you can recover damages including lost wages (past and future), pain and suffering, hospital/medical costs and expenses, and, in some instances, punitive damages.
Insurance Companies Are Not Looking Out For Your Interest
Insurance protects us and provides compensation when we have been involved in an accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are looking to settle your cases for as little money as possible in order to increase their own bottom line. Armed with defense attorneys and the resources to quickly settle your claim, insurance companies will seek to settle your claim for less than what it is worth. Insurance defense attorneys push to get you to sign agreements releasing their client from liability for your injuries. Although a quick settlement might appear fair and necessary immediately after you or a family member has sustained an injury, it can be a mere fraction of the money that you could actually recover and need in order to justly compensate you for your loss. The money that you could recover includes money to support yourself and your family as well as easing the burden of all medical costs and expenses. Only an experienced personal injury attorney can advise you of your rights and assist you in ensuring that you are compensated for your injuries. Our firm will speak directly with the insurance companies and their attorneys and will gather all necessary documentation for your claim.
Get Help From An Experienced West Virginia Personal Injury Attorney
With over 35 years of experience, West Virginia personal injury attorney Kay Bayless has the skills and knowledge necessary to help get you compensated for your personal injury claims. To find out how, contact our firm for a free consultation.